Importance of Calcium for healthy Living

Calcium is most important to keep your bones healthy. More than 99% of total body’s calcium is stored in the bones & teeth. The remaining 1% is found throughout the body in the form of muscles , blood & fluid between the cells. Calcium is required in body for muscles contraction , blood vessels contraction & expansion , the secretion of hormones & sending messages to the nervous system.


From birth to childhood & up to the age of thirty bones increase in size & mass. Bones continue to add more mass until the peak bone mass point is reached ,where maximum point of bone is achieved. So it is particularly important to consume adequate amount of calcium and vitamin D throughout infancy, childhood, and adolescence.

Vitamin D is helpful in absorbing calcium in the body. It is found in fluids & dried milk & cereals etc. The body can also obtain vitamin D when your skin is exposed to sunlight. Thus adequate amount of Vitamin gain from food & sun exposed is essential for bone’s health & to absorb calcium in the body.

Calcium absorption is as high as 60% in infants & young children because their body require more calcium to build strong bones. The absorption of calcium decreases to 20% in adults & even decline more as one ages. So recommendation for dietary intake of calcium are high for adults & ages over fifty one years.

Exercise is also important for good bone health. Waking , running , aerobics & dancing kept you moving. It is also important to engage in weight-bearing exercises to maximize the strength of bones & bone density. These exercises cause your bones & muscles to work against gravity while they bear your weight.

Make your bones string by eating calcium rich foods like cheese ,milk , fish , dried beans , broccoli & peas. Juice of orange & vegetables is also good source of calcium. The food you eat & the exercise you do all has to do with calcium & is found in many foods. Keeping a good calcium level is important for healthy living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 glands & their function in body

6 Yoga poses for curing Enlarged prostrate - BPH

Premature Ejaculation threat for married life , Its Yogic Management